A Scientific Approach to Decision-Making
Many organizations make important decisions based solely on intuition. Decisions are biased by industry practices, what competitors are perceived to be doing and assuming what worked in the past will work in the future. When asked why particular practices have been adopted, common responses include:
- "because that's the way we've always done it"
- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
- "you obviously have never worked in the XYZ business"
This approach is often dramatically different than what the numbers would advocate - resulting in costly mistakes and missed opportunities. dataMind helps organizations use their data to improve business decision-making.
Why is that important? Companies that can turn data into knowledge remain competitive - they mitigate costly mistakes and capitalize on future opportunities.
Who can benefit from dataMind services? Organizations that have at least one of the following:
- Disparate (Unconnected) Data Sources
- Departmental Data Silos
- Reliance on Standardized ERP Reports
- Complex (Unstructured) Data
- Incomplete (Messy) Data
- Poor Data Quality
- Fear of Too Little Data for Analysis
The dataMind 2-Step Process
- Step 1: 7-Week dataMind Discovery
- Step 2: dataMind Implementation
7-Week dataMind Discovery
The dataMind Discovery is a 7-week exploratory analysis that transforms complex, disparate and incomplete data into actionable knowledge. It combines communication, data collection and a boots on the ground understanding of each client's business processes. During the Discovery, dataMind interviews individuals throughout the organization to understand how experiences and practices align with dataMind analyses.
Opportunities are quantified based on observations and interviews within an organization and detailed analytics across all data sources. Savings and recommendations for change are reviewed with the management team for consensus-building and validation.
The dataMind Implementation transforms Discovery knowledge into client savings. Implementation combines communication, consensus-building and change management. While no two client implementations are the same, there is one constant - dataMind Implementations are tangible.
Features of The dataMind Implementation:
- Data Source Integration
- Real Time Data Visualization
- Custom Dashboards
- Analytics Toolbox
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Revised Operations, Maintenance and Labor Practice Policies and Procedures Get Started with the 1-Day Discovery